Periodontal disease is painless. It affects 75% of the population, and often victims are unaware. It may also affect your overall health. Here are some warning signs that the American Dental Association and our staff at Trailridge want you to be aware of:
- Do your gums bleed when you brush your teeth or toothpick between them?
- Are your gums red, swollen, or tender?
- Are your gums pulling away from your teeth?
- Do you see pus between your teeth and your gums when the gums are pressed?
- Are your permanent teeth loose and separating?
- Is there any change in the way your teeth fit together when you bite?
- Is there any change in the fit of your partial dentures?
- Do you have persistent bad breath?
If the answer is yes to any of these questions, bring it to the attention of your dentist or hygienist. Act now and keep your teeth for a lifetime.