Brushing and flossing can help your teeth in the fight against cavities. However, did you know that sugar-free gum can help too? Well, it’s true! Sugar-free gum has many incredible benefits for your oral healthand can protect your teeth from cavities.
Our dentist, Dr. Allan Stevenson with Trailridge Family Dental in Parma, Idaho, is happy to explain how sugar-free gum can improve your oral health and help your teeth.
Here is how sugar-free gum can help your teeth:
– To help produce additional saliva in your mouth, consider a routine that includes the use of chewing gum.
– Chewing gum has been shown to help prevent cavities due to the increase of saliva, which helps to wash away food debris and acid in your mouth.
– Chewing gum is a nonabrasive way to clean your teeth.
– Studies have shown that chewing gum to help reduce additional saliva is helpful in the treatment and prevention of heartburn.
– Ideally, you should use chewing gum after meals.
– Never use chewing gum that has sugars since that sugar can present oral health risks.
If you are interested in a dental checkup, or if you feel your teeth need additional help, please contact our office today at 208.806.0765 to make an appointment with a member of our friendly dental team. Our office is happy to provide you with the top-notch care you deserve and help your smile achieve positive oral health.