Did you know oral health has been proven to be linked to other conditions throughout your body? According to the American Dental Association, the first sign of poor health often occurs in your oral health. Did you also know that oral health is vital because it has now been linked to other conditions in your body that can lead to things such as depression, heart disease, stroke, and more? That is why it’s extremely important to maintain positive oral health.
My taking care of your smile, you can reduce oral disasters and keep your smile healthy and strong. Here are six tips to maintain positive oral health:
1. Brush and floss regularly: Keeping up with your daily habits is vital to keeping your smile healthy.
2. Use effective mouthwash: Mouthwash helps clear away food-particles and bacteria that cause cavities and gum disease.
3. Go to your dentist regularly for a cleaning: By visiting your dentist, you can insure a healthy smile. Your dentist can watch for any problems and stop them before they become too painful or serious.
4. Chew sugar-free gum: Chewing sugar-free gum can help increase the saliva in your mouth and aid in cleaning and washing your teeth.
5. Keep a toothbrush and floss with you: Throughout your day, make quick bathroom visits and brush and floss your teeth as often as possible.
6. Replace your toothbrush regularly: Replacing your toothbrush will keep your oral cavity in tip top shape. If you use a worn brush, your smile will not be properly cleaned on a regular basis. It’s strongly recommended that you replace your brush every 3-4 months.
These six steps can guide you to positive oral health. If you have any questions about these tips, or any questions pertaining to your oral care, please call us today at 208.806.0765. Let us give you a smile you can truly enjoy.